We are here, in our gear, and the time has arrived,
when our motorcycle engines will be music to the ear!
At Spokes-Women’s March general meeting, Adrienne (a.k.a.
Age) spoke on the upcoming 2008 Ride Schedule. Age did a great
job and a handout will be provided as soon as a few ride destinations
Age has planned rides that should appeal to both the more experienced
riders and those riders that may want further experience under their
What I thought was very important, useful and worth repeating in
April’s monthly message were the items Adrienne mentioned that
should be kept with your motorcycle when riding.
Here is the list:
- A turkey baster – In case you run out of gas another motorcycle
can lend some.
- Plastic Cable Ties – Will keep parts attached, such as
wires or loose levers.
- Flashlight – Make sure it works.
- Emergency ponchos – Will keep your body warm if you get
- Map – In case you leave the group and want to know the
- Tool kit – For minimal repairs such as removing your seat
to reach the battery.
- Scissors – Always handy.
Three suggestions that I would add to the list:
- Duct tape
- First Aid Kit
- Snacks (you know me!)
Again, I want to thank Adrienne for a first class presentation. One
last note, on our next ride, Age will be giving a prize to the member
that has all of the above items.
Ride safe, have fun!